SmallWeb
slideshow image 3

OOPS

OOPS - this is my OLD blog. Now, don't get me wrong, I like older things, but to stay up to date you'll need to click over to the NEW blog here: www.loriivey.com

Join Our Mailing List

Personal * Things I LOVE Right Now....Gift Guide!

So I was doing a bit of browsing for Christmas ideas....and somehow I ended up looking at things I would want for Christmas.  It's amazing how quickly one can go from Barbie Dream House to Camera Straps and boots....does anyone else have that problem?  So I thought I would throw a few things on here - some of these could be labeled "photographer" gifts I suppose....but most Moms I know have a camera and therefore might enjoy some posh accessories to glam it up in the bleachers!

{1}  Let me start our little list with this baby.  Oh the drool on my keyboard.  These camera bags are oh so beautiful. They don't even look like camera bags.  These bags say: "move over you big, ugly, black, masculine camera bag and make room for DIVA BAG.  These bags are unapologetically stylish and va-va-voom!  I LOVE it!


This one is called the "Lola" and comes in several colors and has compartments for most everything you need to take with you!

You can find it here: http://www.epiphaniebags.com/#/lookbook/

{2}  Number two on our list is something I've been looking at for a long time now.  Lisa Leonard of Lisa Leonard Designs hand crafts beautiful sterling silver jewelry that is whimsical, touching and unique.  I don't know a Mommy out there who wouldn't just die to receive a necklace with all her kid's names etched onto charms around her neck!



Find it here: http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/

{3}  Usually if some type of art goes on my walls - it's going to be photographs of people and things I love.  But there is something about written word that also moves me and these are amazing and fantastic!  Red Letter Words, once again (I'm sensing a theme here) is inspired and backed by a woman who wanted something that wasn't out there - so created it herself!  These pieces are simple yet bold and I would love one under my tree for sure!


Find it here: http://redletterwords.com/index.cfm

{4} iPad. Duh.


Find it: Just about anywhere.

{5} Boots.  I love them. I would wear them all year round if I could. I actually own each of these pair.


The first pair are from Target and I'm loving suede right now.  Not to mention they have a cool equestrian flair when paired with jeans or tights.  I find them being borrowed quite often by one of our teenagers which can also be a good sign.  (Or not if you're over 60).

The second pair.  Well.  These are a splurge.  They are the "Jane" by Frye boots.  These were a graduation gift from me to me last Spring.  Hey, if working for 12 years to get your degree doesn't get you a decent pair of boots, quite frankly I don't know what the world is coming to.  Not to mention I eyeballed these beauties for over a year on Pioneer Woman's site.  Which  means I saw them A LOT because it's basically the only pair of shoes she wears.  If you don't know who Pioneer Woman is - you must go to www.thepioneerwoman.com straight away and find her "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" saga.  You'll be hooked for days!

Finally - rain boots.  I shoot in these and I also wear them when it rains - novel idea!  Also from Target.

{6}  Ok - these last items are for all you runners out there.  Most everyone who knows me knows I love to run.  What I love even more is the fantastic, amazing group of women that get up at 4:30 am in 30 degree temperatures and haul it with me!


The first item here is called a Bondi Band.  Looks like a regular head band right? WRONG.  I fell in love with these when I saw them a few years ago at the White Rock Marathon expo.  They are warm when it's cold, wick the sweat away - and totally fashionable.  They come in tons of cute prints or with sayings.  I have several of them.  Not a runner?  These are so great for running errands or chilling around the house too!

Find it here: http://bondiband.com/

The next 2 items are splurges for sure.  The purple jacket is made by lululemon and as far as I can tell this company is the Diva of athletic wear!  I would love to get my hands on some lulus!

Find it here: http://www.lululemon.com/

Finally - it's the Garmin Forerunner 410 and this dude does it all.  Hear rate, pace, average pace, GPS - I mean everything.  This newest model is much less bulky than it's predecessors and will automatically send your work out data to your computer when you get within range - how cool is that!

Well - that about wraps it up folks!  I'm really excited about this weekend.  We will be heading to Dallas for the White Rock Marathon and it's going to be a blast.  Time with my hubby - not to mention all 6 of us girls!  I can't wait to post pictures of the trip next week!  Wish us luck and GO TEAM GILMER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment