SmallWeb
slideshow image 3

OOPS

OOPS - this is my OLD blog. Now, don't get me wrong, I like older things, but to stay up to date you'll need to click over to the NEW blog here: www.loriivey.com

Join Our Mailing List

Personal * Things I LOVE Right Now....

So, even though my birthday is not until tomorrow, I have been enjoying my birthday present for three weeks now.  The Hubs went WAY overboard this year, and no, that is not a complaint.  I am in LOVE.  It's ridiculous how happy this present has made me....in fact, it's a bit shameful.  Ok, so it's an iPad.  I know, I've completely bought into consumerism.  I can't help but feel a bit pretentious when I casually pull it out in the waiting room at the Doctor's office, or in the hallway of a UIL competition.  Used to be, waiting drove me insane.  I would start with lists in my head.  Things I needed to do.  Things I needed to be doing instead of waiting.  Not anymore.  Now - I look forward to long stretches of dull waiting with nothing to do.  Nothing to do of course except play with my most fantabulous gift!

But this post is not about all the awesomeness that is the iPad.  No, this gift is what I bought myself to use WITH my iPad.  As soon as I learned my iPad had been ordered and shipped, I began the search (my husband would say "the insane search") for the perfect iPad case.  I knew I wanted something different, yet functional.  I knew I would be doing a lot of typing (I journal every day on the iPad now), lots of reading in bed, and wanted a case that wasn't heavy, had some padding for protection, and had a stand.

After about 2 days of searching (I know - I'm completely ridiculous), I found it.  And let me tell you, it is PERFECTION.  It's called the BookBook (aren't you in love with the name?) and is made by a little company called Twelve South.

 twelvesouth.com

It only comes in two colors - and looks just like an antique book.  It is very well made, super light weight and I love it almost as I do the iPad itself.


My husband ADORED posing for this picture.  Don't you love the cheesy ID badge?  If only you could see a close up - he has the cutest dimples!




0 comments:

Post a Comment