SmallWeb
slideshow image 3

OOPS

OOPS - this is my OLD blog. Now, don't get me wrong, I like older things, but to stay up to date you'll need to click over to the NEW blog here: www.loriivey.com

Join Our Mailing List

Zumba, A Girl, A Horse....OH MY!

One of the things I am totally pumped about right now is Zumba.  Yes - I know - I'm late to the party on this one.  But it is so. much. fun.  Growing up me and my friends loved going out dancing.  Back then they had actual clubs just for teens.  Like just for 13 - 15 year olds.  No alcohol.  No smoking.  Now that I'm a parent I'm not sure how I feel about that.  But I do know one thing - I've always loved to dance.  My sister and her mom (my step-mom), our step-sisters have always loved to dance.  It was a part of growing up.  And don't get me started on our Dad.  Know around these parts as the Reo Rambler - he can still dance anyone in circles and he's fast approaching 80.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen 'Dirty Dancing.'  My step-mom - a beautiful ballet dancer.  Same for 2 of our step-sisters.  Countless days in a garage with my BFF from childhood (Jaime) putting together "routines."

My sister Kayce is a Zumba instructor and she invited me to one of her classes last month.  I'll be honest - I didn't think it would be lots of fun - or even a great work out for that matter.  I was so wrong.  I've been Zumba-ing every since!




 Girl can SHAKE it!


After class I rode with Kayce to see her love - her Beau.  He's tall, dark and handsome...







Growing up, Kayce and I got to experience that rare childhood gift of horse ownership.  I don't know what it is about girls and horses - but it's magical.  There is this fantastic winery not far from our house.  One of the reasons I love to go there - not because it's exceptional (it is!) - but because it's where we spent so many days when it was a stable.  Josiah was my first love.  A tall dark temperamental Thoroughbred with a sweeping black mane.  We rode English style - and loved everything about it.  The horses, dressage, stadium jumps - even the tights and riding boots.

Horses lend us the wings we lack.  ~Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment