SmallWeb
slideshow image 3

OOPS

OOPS - this is my OLD blog. Now, don't get me wrong, I like older things, but to stay up to date you'll need to click over to the NEW blog here: www.loriivey.com

Join Our Mailing List

Family Sneak Peek ~ East Texas

The last two weeks could be described as a whirlwind.  A trip to California right before the start of school, not to mention weddings, family shoots and studio renovations, it's been exciting, exhausting and so much fun!  On a personal note, I've experienced personal highs as well as loss and sadness as our family said goodbye to a special member we all love dearly.  Saying goodbye to a father while saying hello to new life, seeing a couple's earthly story end temporarily in death while celebrating and documenting new love has made this photographer a bit emotional.  And emotional is OK.  Embracing emotions can make an artist's work more organic and genuine ~ and while that may be true, it certainly has made me appreciate what I get to do ~ document and celebrate life.  It's so precious.

With that being said ~ this family was fun and sweet.  They live on a real live ranch, and for a few moments I got to glimpse what their life is like.  I saw two children who are loved by Mom and Dad and family.  A place where they will get to grow up and breathe ~ space to play and run.










1 comments:

kendra michelle said...

{the light in these images is so dreamy - great job at capturing the little ones, so stinking cute!}

Post a Comment